If you travel a lot, this may prove to be a really useful article for you! There are so many things that we can do to make our life easier, especially when we’re on the go. Then why not make our travel less difficult and more enjoyable?
Here are 15 travel hacks that will change (for the better) the way that you travel in the future:
1. Keep loose chargers and cables organized with a glasses case
Chargers, earphones, data cables tend to get entangled in themselves and create a lot of nuisance when we need to use them. The best way is to pack them so that they never get tangled. Use your spare glass case to pack your cables and they will always be neat and easy to use!
2. If you forget your wall plug, charge devices through the USB slot on a TV
Forgetting the wall plug is a common mistake we all do when going on a trip. More often than not it is because we wait for the last minute to pack the charger. But no worries! Your hotel room TV can charge up your device with the USB slot on it.
3. Use a pill container to keep jewelry organized and untangled
For all the ladies who love to carry their jewelry with them, this is the best hack there is! Just take an old pill container and put your jewelry in it in an organized and easy to use (and choose!) manner.
4. Put a dryer sheet at the bottom of a suitcase to keep your clothes smelling fresh
5. Skip the wait at the baggage claim
Even if your bag does not contain anything breakable, marking your bag with a fragile label leads to gentler handling by airport staff. Also, they’re often loaded on the top of the other luggage meaning it’s one of the first to come out at the baggage claim. Do not wait the next time!
6. Pack your suit jackets inside out to keep them clean and avoid creasing
7. Sit near the wing of the plane for least turbulence
Some of us might hate traveling by air. Turbulence is the leading factor of this hatred. To avoid the unnecessary disturbance, choose the seats that are closest to the plane’s wing. They experience the least turbulence as they are at the most balanced part of the plane’s body.
8. A shower cap is an easy way to cover the bottoms of shoes
If you are a footwear lover; you surely carry at least 4-5 pairs of shoes with you on your trips. So how to keep the shoes in your luggage with your clothes without them getting soiled? Pack them up in shower caps and voila!
9. Roll clothes, instead of folding, to save tons of baggage space
Almost all of us have faced the problem of ‘no space, more clothes’ while packing. It can be easily solved by the way you keep your clothes in the suitcase. Instead of piling them up in a folded heap, roll them and save a huge amount of space! This is the best hack for people who like to carry more clothes while traveling.
10. Use a binder clip to protect the head of shaving razors
How many of you have faced this issue when the blade of your razor leaves a cut on its surrounded stuff in your suitcase? I am guessing all of us. It’s a common thing we face. So eliminate this by putting a binder clip on the head of the razor and shut it out from damaging the other stuff in your suitcase.
11. Use straws to carry travel-size amounts of skin care products
You do not have to carry big bottles of sunscreen or lotions when you go for a trip. Just take the amount that you think you will need. Pop it in a straw, seal it with a tape and mark it with a post it. So simple! You will save a huge amount of packing space like this.
12. When reserving airline seats for 2 people, get the aisle and window
We all want a comfortable ride on a plane. And more often than not, that comfort is disturbed by the stranger who is sitting right next to you. You can try a hand at avoiding facing such passengers. If you are traveling with someone, book the aisle and window seat. People hardly book the middle one and the odds are that it will remain unoccupied. Reach the airport early and execute this hack and enjoy a nice journey!
13. When packing, line collars with a belt to keep them crispy
This hack will serve two purposes. It will save you packing space and it will keep your shirt collars crisp. Just insert a rolled out belt inside the collar area of the shirt and keep them like this in the suitcase. Your collars will never go bad.
14. Prevent messy spills in your luggage
Just unscrew the lids and place a simple patch of plastic wrap on the top and screw them back on. This will prevent any liquids from ruining your trip. You can now be tension free of the possible spills that happen most of the time.
15. As a treat to yourself, send yourself a postcard from each day of your travels
This is more of a self-treat than a hack! While traveling, send yourself a postcard from every destination to your home address. That way you can relive those moments after your journey is over! Who wouldn’t love that right?
Such small things can make your journey more enjoyable and hassle free. So the next time you are planning a trip, check out this cheat sheet and make your trip that much more hassle-free!
Latest posts by KomalJain (see all)
- 15 travel hacks everyone should definitely use - July 16, 2021
- 10 Things Every Indian Stares at When Holidaying Abroad - July 11, 2021
- What $5 can buy you around the world! - July 3, 2021